Enhance Education was founded in April 2010 and launched courses in its first centre in November 2010. By January 2015, it had grown to 4 centres in Penang state employing more than 50 staff and teaching more than 2000 students per term. The four centres now operate in Tanjung Tokong (Straits Quay), Butterworth (Bagan Ajam), Alma (Bukit Mertajam) and Bayan Baru (Elit Avenue).
The company is licensed by the Ministry of Education of Malaysia to teach English to children and adult students aged 4 years and upwards. We provide interactive, student-centred language lessons catering to learners of all ages from pre-school up to pre-university and adult learners.
There are five main groups of courses:
- Pre-school and school children’s general English courses, some of which prepare students for Cambridge University English examinations;
- School students’ special English courses, for example in writing skills or IGCSE preparation, etc;
- Adult general English courses, some of which lead to Cambridge University Business English examinations;
- Adult special courses, for example in conversational English or IELTS preparation, etc;
- Group special courses for students or adults including company groups.
All general courses and some special courses are taught in four ten-week terms for 1.5 to 2 hours per week. Some special courses and most group courses are taught intensively in short blocks of one to ten days.
All of our teachers in every centre are native speakers of English and university graduates with formal teaching qualifications ensuring Enhance students experience the most dynamic, up-to-date techniques focusing on the key skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
We provide a fun, highly creative learning environment using international recognised teaching resources with well-resourced state-of-the-art facilities where our students gain the opportunity to use the English language and enhance their fluency and confidence.